What Is Intergroup?
Our purpose is to provide a permanent and reliable point of contact for all who want AA help and information by:
- Publishing a directory of area meetings and maintaining a 24 hour telephone answering service with inquires promptly responded to by an AA Intergroup volunteer.
- Serve as the “information center” for AA groups, local and out of town members, professional agencies, or individuals who wish to contact AA for any reason.
- Provide speakers for non-AA groups and organizations who want to know more about the AA program.
- Cooperate with hospitals, institutions, and other agencies in the area where alcoholic rehabilitation is part of the program.
- Provide a source for books and literature on Alcoholics Anonymous and the AA program.
- Provide a point of contact with AA Intergroups or Central offices, AA Groups in other cities and states, and with the AA World Services, New York.
The Mansfield Area Intergroup (MAI) meets on the first Sunday of every month at 5pm at the Intergroup Offices on the square in Mansfield. We hope to see you there!